Thursday, May 3, 2007

Henri, the Ghostest With the Mostest

Henri insisted I blog about this. I say it's not doing his ego any good since it's inflated as it is, but how can you turn a ghost down when he's at the height of his infamy?

Ah well, okay, here goes...

Ronda of Storyation just blogged him here.

Over the Hill Boomer Chick just blogged him here.
Cat Muldoon blogged him here.

And just when you thought you'd heard it all, Henri is now going on a virtual book tour. It's not my idea. It's his. Just because he was nosying around when I was setting up tour dates for my clients.

He has this fetish for Coors Light and he was rummaging through my fridge, found one in the back, and plopped himself down on the love seat. And stared.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said.

I turned my attention back to the computer screen and I heard pop, then a belch. Then, the can was thrown across my living room.

I jerked around, ready to give it to him where the sun don't shine, when he said, "So, when am I going on tour?"

I really didn't think I heard him right, so I ignored him.

Big mistake.

My computer shut off right in the middle of some really important work and I knew when Henri started shutting machinery off, it was time to listen.

I whirled around in my computer chair and said, "What. Is. Your. Problem???"

"I don't have a problem."

He could be so incorrigible!

"Okay, okay, you can have a freaking tour! Will you just turn my computer back on???"

So, that's how Henri got his first virtual book tour. The way he struts around, you would think he wrote the whole freaking book, but I really like my computer on, so Henri now has a tour page up at www.virtualbooktoursforauthors.blogspot.com and he's going on tour in June.

It ought to be quite interesting. He promised he wouldn't cuss, pass gas, nor make rude and obscene remarks to the blog hosts, but I'm watching his every move. Anyone who could actually have the nerve to make out with one of the girls trying to find this ghost for this man who is pining for his dead wife, I must say has a lot of chuzpah.

Tags: , , , , ,

Labels:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

This is for Henri, from the "Little Princess Maya" whose Grammy writes the "Down River Drivel" blog - Maya asked me to write and thank Henri for stopping by her Grammy's blog and for his very timely message he left too reminding people that "We are all God's Children." My Grammy tells me that all the time too as she tells me how special my baby brother and I are and how much she and my Mommy and Daddy and my siblings - and oh, lots and lots of other folks too - all love me very much.

And what a day to get that post on my blog too - as I was downloading photos take a week ago when some friend and I were "exploring" the coal mining ghost town about two miles from where I live. (This message is from Jeni, Maya's Grammy now.)

For Maya and myself, thanks again for visiting and stop by again!

May 6, 2007 at 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home